PAUL B. PORVAZNIK OF COUNSEL
Paul is a commercial litigation attorney with a focus on business disputes in state and federal courts.
Paul’s cases and practice areas include breach of contract, commercial lease disputes and mechanics’ liens, business torts, trade secrets and non-compete disputes, post-judgment and foreign judgment registration and products liability defense.
Paul represents or has recently represented a wide range of business clients including those in the construction (general contractors, subcontractors, property developers and owners), real estate (shopping center landlords, commercial property managers and condominium boards), banking (a community bank lender), industrial (a diesel fuel supplier) and information technology spaces.
1. Won multiple breach of contract cases for two global elevator manufacturer clients in state court bench trials;
2. Won money judgment for property manager client in breach of commercial lease in day-long bench trial;
3. Second-chaired multi-day mechanics lien trial for general contractor client (who was later awarded nearly $200K in prevailing party attorney fees);
4. Won compensatory and punitive damages after multi-day jury trial for travel agency plaintiff in defamation, sales commission and conversion case against ex- business partner;
5. Successfully defended contractor in week-long fraudulent mechanics lien bench trial (the property owner demanded over $2MM damages in closing argument).
Paul has successfully obtained and defended suits for injunctive relief (temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions, permanent injunctions) in trade secret, non-compete and restrictive covenant cases.
Paul recently successfully defended against three separate Temporary Restraining Orders petitions on behalf of a cloud-based IT storage company client in a tortious interference and data hostage dispute.
J.D., DePaul College of Law, 1996
B.A., Boston University, 1993
Illinois State Bar
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
Pro hac vice throughout the United States
Chicago Bar Association: Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2016-2017
Direct Dial: 312-474-4387